Become an Ambassador!
We are now accepting applications for our 2019 Career Connect Student Ambassadors cohort!
What is this?
The Career Connect Student Ambassadors is part of the Monterey Bay Economic Partnership's (MBEP) workforce development initiative. The goal is to develop student leaders and role models at each college campus who will help educate the community (e.g. students, staff, families, student organizations, etc.) on the college and career resources offered on Monterey Bay Career Connect (MBCC).
The Student Ambassadors gets the opportunity inform and inspire emerging young professionals and offer unique professional development opportunities to students across the Monterey Bay region.
MBEP will provide appropriate swag and gear (e.g. MBCC t-shirt, marketing collateral, giveaways) to help you facilitate successful events.
Ready to launch your career and be part of an innovative, kick-ass team?! Read on.
What does it take to join?
- College sophomore and/or juniors who can commit to a year-long program
- Experience with social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Responsible, self-motivated, and quality communicator
- Commit to an average of 20-25 hrs per quarter/semester (we will support earning academic credit)
- Attend half-day in-person orientation training
- Able to participate in and co-organize at least two events per quarter/semester to promote MBCC on their own campus
- Able to attend quarterly online check-in meetings
- Work with MBEP staff, college career centers, and fellow students to promote MBCC-related activities
- Capture event footage and post to Monterey Bay Internships social media
- Stay informed about active internship postings on Monterey Bay Internships
- Think creatively piloting their own ideas to promote MBCC on and off campus
- Attend professional networking events near campus when possible
- Attend MBEP's events if schedule allows
What does the 2019 schedule look like?
- Early February: half-day orientation training with MBEP staff
- February thru May: campus events, professional development, quarterly online check-ins
- Early May: MBEP Economic Summit (May 2nd)
- May thru August: Summer Break (open to summer projects if student is interested)
- September thru November: campus events, professional development, quarterly online check-ins
- End of November: MBEP State of the Region (date TBD)
- Early December: celebration, end-year evaluations
What are the Benefits?
I want in!
Interested students are encouraged to apply on Monterey Bay Internships by February 13, 2019. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an online interview.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume. Your cover letter should address the following:
- Describe your interest in becoming a Career Connect Ambassador and what you hope to gain from the Program.
- Describe any relevant experience and/or skills you have with events, student outreach, and/or networking.
- Indicate your weekly availability. Occasionally there will be weekend or evening events for Ambassadors to attend.
Student Ambassadors will be selected in early February and invited to attend a mandatory in-person, half-day orientation training located at MBEP’s Marina Office (3180 Imjin Rd.) Transportation can be arranged/mileage reimbursed.