Become a Student Ambassador!
We are accepting ongoing applications for our Monterey Bay Career Connect Student Ambassador program!
What is this?
The Student Ambassador program is part of the Monterey Bay Economic Partnership's (MBEP) workforce development initiative. The goal is to develop student leaders and role models at each college campus who will help educate the community (e.g. students, staff, families, student organizations, etc.) on the college and career resources offered on Monterey Bay Career Connect (MBCC) and Monterey Bay Internships (MBI).
Student Ambassadors get the opportunity to inform and inspire emerging young professionals and offer unique professional development opportunities to students across the Monterey Bay region.
MBEP will provide appropriate swag and gear (e.g. MBCC t-shirt and marketing collateral) to help you facilitate successful events.
Ready to launch your career and be part of an innovative and awesome team?! Read on.
What does it take to join?
- College sophomores, juniors, and seniors who can commit to a year-long program
- Experience with social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat
- Responsible, self-motivated, and quality communicator
- Commit to an average of 20-25 hrs per quarter/ 30-35 per semester (note: we support academic credit and can provide more hours if desired/needed for academic credit)
- International students on F1 Visa and J1 Visa are welcome to work with us in volunteer positions
- Attend half-day in-person orientation training
- Able to participate in at least two events per quarter/semester to promote MBCC on their own campus
- Able to attend quarterly online check-in meetings
- Work with MBEP staff, college career centers, and fellow students to promote MBCC-related activities
- Capture event footage and post to Monterey Bay Internships social media
- Stay informed about active internship postings on Monterey Bay Internships
- Think creatively piloting their own ideas to promote MBCC on and off-campus
- Attend professional mixers and events near campus when possible
- Engage with local employers to share Monterey Bay Internships
- Attend MBEP's events if schedule allows
Student Ambassadors are encouraged to work on our workforce development initiative projects, but it is not required to participate in the program. Special Projects include but are not limited to the following:
- Assistance with Customer Relations Management (CRM) projects
- Data and website analytics related to our social media channels (@mbinternships) and websites (Monterey Bay Career Connect, Monterey Bay Internships, and Monterey Bay Career Coach)
- Research projects related to vendor contracts, grants, member and community engagement, internships, scholarships, and more!
- Participate in marketing, branding, and content creation to further enhance the program
- Social media campaign management
- Assistance with planning and coordinating events and workshops for employers, students, and educators
What does the 2019-2020 schedule look like?*
*We are accepting applications year-round so the schedule will be adjusted to your start date. We will work with your school schedule! Occasionally there will be weekend or evening events for Student Ambassadors to attend which are optional.
- At hire: half-day orientation training with MBEP staff (lunch provided)!
- January thru June: campus events, professional development, quarterly online check-ins
- April: MBEP Economic Summit (April 2020)
- June thru August: Summer Break (summer projects available if you are interested)
- September thru December: campus events, professional development, quarterly online check-ins
- End of October: MBEP State of the Region (October 25th, 2019)
- Early December: celebration, end-year evaluations
What are the Benefits?
I want in!
Interested students are encouraged to apply on Monterey Bay Internships. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an online interview. Don't have a resume? Create a profile for free to use our Resume Builder!
Helpful information to include in your resume:
- Share any extracurricular clubs, organizations, etc. that you participate in or collaborate with
- Describe any relevant experience and/or skills you have with events, student outreach, and/or networking
- Include any technical skills in data management, social media campaigns, and research that you have
Student Ambassadors will be selected on an ongoing basis and invited to attend an orientation.